AC Repairs Summerville
Professional, Reliable & Affordable HVAC Company serving Summerville and the surrounding areas.
- 20+ Years Experience
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Residential & Commercial
- Licensed & Insured
- Locally Owned & Operated
AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR SUMMERVILLE
Have you heard strange noises coming from your air conditioner? Is your ac blowing warm air? Has the ac fan stopped running? Are your ac coils frozen? Is your AC unit not cooling but it’s running all the time?
We’ve been handling these types of ac repair issues for years at our heating & air Conditioning company. From minor ac repairs to major ac repairs we’ve seen some doozies. We’ve have the knowledge and expertise to repair your air conditioning unit quickly and efficiently. We’ll do our best to keep your ac repair as affordable as possible. Living in Summerville, we know how hot & humid it gets and how important it is to have a working air conditioner. We’ll expertly inspect, diagnose, and complete your air conditioner repair to have you back to enjoying your home in no time. From broken ac compressors, to a quick recharge of freon, we’ve got you covered. Call our HVAC company today for all of your air conditioning repair needs from Summerville, to Ladson, to Goose Creek, to Charleston, and all the towns in between.
When it comes to HVAC we do it all. We specialize in repairing and installing all air conditioner makes and models. We also offer ac maintenance services. Our knowledge and experience provide your family or business with the promise that we will get the job done right the first time.
The best way to avoid costly ac repairs is by keeping an eye out for some subtle signs that your ac unit is trying to tell you something isn’t right. By being aware of these warning signs you may be able to head off costly damage to your HVAC system.
3 Most Common AC Repair Symptoms and Problems
There are several different problems we run into often when it comes to AC repair needs; many of these are easy fixes—but others aren’t. These are three of the most common problems we encounter, as well as what to keep an eye out for.
- Freon Leak: In order for your AC system to run properly it requires freon. To be effective, your air conditioning system must cool, dehumidify, and circulate the air within your home. A freon leak can cause major problems if not caught quickly. If you notice any unusual liquid around your ac unit coupled with a drop in efficiency, call us right away to get the leak repaired, and your freon filled.
- Frozen coils: Dusty, dirty coils, or blocked airflow can all create frozen coils in your AC unit, this can cause your system to freeze up. If your unit isn’t running normally, you should visually inspect the area around your ac unit or (after the unit is turned off) check your evaporator coils for ice. If you see ice around or in your unit, turn it off immediately and give us a call for air conditioning repair.
- Sensor problems: Sensors in your air conditioning unit tell your system when to turn off and on. These sensors can easily get moved out of position, become dirty or be obstructed if not checked regularly. These things can cause in your ac unit running constantly or starting and stopping frequently. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, call our heating & air conditioning experts so we can take care of it for you.
If you’ve had your air conditioner for quite some time, and you notice your utility bill getting bigger, it’s probably time to consider a new air conditioner. The life expectancy of an air conditioner is between 10 and 15 years. If your ac unit is getting up there, it probably makes more sense to get a new more energy-efficient air conditioner. If you’d like to speak with one of our ac specialists to discuss a new air conditioner, to see what options are available for your home, please call our heating & air conditioning company for your free, no-obligation estimate today.
Getting the Most from your AC Unit
Scheduled maintenance and service are the keys to improving the life of your air conditioning unit. Not having regularly scheduled service on your ac unit means more wear and tear on the parts that need periodic attention, resulting in the higher probability of your air conditioner needing repairs, having a shorter lifespan, and higher utility costs. Call us today at 843-970-3232 to ask about our maintenance plans.
FREQUENTLY ASKED AIR CONDITIONING QUESTIONS
What should a regular maintenance tune-up include?
An air conditioner maintenance call should include the following:
- To increase the efficiency of your air conditioner, the tune-up should include a thorough condenser coil cleaning. Clean coils reduce the wear and tear on your ac unit, and directly impact the cost of running your air conditioner.In an effort to maintain your air conditioners peak performance, the ac technician will make sure all moving parts are properly lubricated to eliminate wear due to undo friction. The technician will also check the coolant levels to make sure they are at the correct level.We will calibrate your thermostat to ensure it is operating properly. Your duct work will be inspected for possible energy leaks.
- Inspecting and if necessary, tightening of all the electrical connections to ensure safe operation of your ac system. We will evaluate the condition of the blower belt and analyze the blower motor to make sure it is operating efficiently.
- These are just a few of the basic checks that will be performed by our HVAC technician during a regular maintenance tune-up of your ac unit.
We strongly recommend that you have your HVAC system serviced by a Summerville HVAC professional two times a year, ideally during spring and autumn seasons.
How often should I replace my air conditioner filters? & Why is it so important to replace my AC filters?
It depends on the filters your ac system manufacturer recommends. Some ac systems use disposable filters, if yours does, it is best to replace those per the ac manufactures recommendations. Some filters are good for 90 days, some for only 30 days. Add a reminder to your phone, or write it down on a wall calendar so you don’t forget. Proper filter changing is the number one thing you can do to help your ac unit do to keep it running efficiently.
How often should maintenance be done on my Air Conditioning System?
You should have regularly scheduled maintenance completed twice a year on your HVAC system in Summerville, SC. We recommend the Spring and Fall. Regularly scheduled maintenance on your air conditioner will ensure that your summer will be easy breezy, and having your heating system serviced in the Fall ensure a warm & cozy winter for you and your family. Scheduled maintenance of your heating & air conditioning system will address any issues that may arise, allowing you to get it fixed before it progresses to a potentially costly repair.
Is there anything I should check before calling an HVAC Technician?
You should check to make sure that the electrical breaker to ac unit is on, and not tripped. Double check the thermostat, and check to see if the ac unit is actually on. (Seems silly but it happens!)
How do I know if my heating and cooling system is working properly?
If strange noises are coming from your ac unit; if your ac is blowing warm air; if your ac isn’t cooling, or you notice your electric bill increasing for no other apparent reason, you’ll want to call our heating & air conditioning specialists to come take a look to see what’s going on. Call us today at 843-970-3232 for all of your ac repair needs.
Schedule Your AC Repair Service Today!
Don’t suffer in the heat any longer. We are here to restore your comfort and provide reliable AC repair solutions. Our expert technicians are ready to diagnose and fix your air conditioner, ensuring optimal cooling performance for your home.
Don’t delay! Contact us today to schedule your AC repair service. Let our team of professionals take care of your HVAC needs and bring back the cool, refreshing air you deserve. Trust us for prompt, reliable, and efficient AC repair services.